I dusted off my scissors and glue stick this week to create these new printable ornaments! Inspired by a request from a special customer, I doodled up five cute Christmas characters for you to print, decorate and assemble. There’s an outline version for the kids (big kids or little ones!) to get crafty with and colour in themselves, along with a pre-coloured version to help you whip up a batch of decorations quickly.
This is such a simple craft for kids to make, my own children have been enjoying creating their own cone decorations! Bonus: they’re also handy for teaching 3D shapes! Here are some quick instructions for making your own Christmas Cones:
What you’ll need:
- Christmas Cones / Colour-In Christmas Cones PDF (available in the shop)
- cardstock or matte photo paper to print on
- scissors and glue or double sided tape
- your choice of colouring materials (coloured pencils, crayons, paints – whatever you or your kids enjoy using the most!)
- Optional extras: ribbon, glitter, cotton wool
How to make the Christmas Cones:
- Print the PDF file on light to medium weight cardstock.
- Get colouring! You could use realistic colours or go wild and wacky for a truly personal ornament!
3. When your characters are all coloured in, cut them out with scissors. (My kids found it easier to colour their cones on a full sheet of paper and cut out once they had finished).
4. Add glue or double sided tape to the tab on the side of the cones (we went for the slightly less messy option of tape!) and then roll the cone around with the tab on the inside of the cone to stick together.
Add some ribbon to hang them on the tree, or go to town with some extra embellishment – add a cotton wool beard or pom-pom hat bobble to Father Christmas, and some extra sparkle to the snowman with some glitter glue!
For an even quicker and easier make, use the pre-coloured version to create cute Christmas party favours or class gifts! Or print the colour in versions onto coloured paper or card for a different look.
However you use them, I hope you and your kids have lots of fun creating your own collection of Christmas cone characters! Merry Christmas and happy crafting!