KateHadfieldDesigns.com (the “site”) respects your privacy and is fully committed to ensuring user privacy. This Policy sets out our approach including your rights and choices, surrounding the collection, storage, use, disclosure, and protection of certain data including personal data, by Kate Hadfield Designs.
Data we collect
We collect and store data about you in the following ways:
- Data you provide to us. We do not collect personal data about you without basis. To purchase products from Site, you will be required to register an account and provide personal details such as your first and last name, e-mail, physical address, billing details, country of residence and city or region. We will also require you to create a password to protect your account and opt-in/opt-out to receive our If you contact us directly, please note that we will be receiving your personal data.
- Data we receive. The webserver of our website automatically logs certain data when a user visits or accesses the site. This data may include your internet protocol address (IP address), the type and operating system of the device you are using to access the site, type and version of browser used to access the site, cookie data as well as the website that referred you to this Site.
- Financial Data. All payments made to KateHadfieldDesigns.com must be made through PayPal. Your credit or debit card data will be processed by this payment vendors. PayPal has implemented security measures to protect your privacy and financial data. Please note that none of your financial data is passed on to, or collected by, KateHadfieldDesigns.com.
Use of data
- We use the personal details you provide when you register an account to administer your registration, supply data or designs you have requested, and provide you with personalized products and the specific services for which your registration was necessary. If you contact us directly regarding data or digital products available on the site, we will use your data to respond to your specific inquiry. If you participate in digital scrapbooking challenges, we will use your data to enter you into such competition and administer any relevant discount codes, promotion coupon codes, or gift vouchers related to such activities.
- We use non-personal data to review how users use our site, for example to understand how users find our site on the internet or which pages are more popular on the site. This allows us to understand the site’s performance and, thus, improve its design and content. This data is logged in a generalized and statistical form and does not ascertain the real identity of a particular user. We do not combine this data with personal data.
- Please note that we rely on your consent for certain collection and uses of personal data. In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act, we may require you to sign a consent request form and opt-in to certain uses of your personal data including for example subscribing to our newsletter or third party marketing. Where collection, use and or storage relies on your consent, please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Sharing and Disclosure
All data collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed or loaned. Your data will not be shared, sold or redistributed to advertisers, merchants or any other third party except where you clearly consent so. KateHadfieldDesigns.com may disclose collected data ONLY if the law requires us to do so, or if it is necessary for the investigation of suspected copyright infringement, fraud and / or other illegal activity. Lawful bases: In compliance with the GDPR, we must demonstrate lawful basis for collection, use, retention and/or disclosure of certain data including personal data.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation: We may need to collect, retain and/or disclose certain data about you without prior consent if we are required by EU or UK law to do so for a particular purpose including, for example, in relation to value added tax (VAT) and accounting purposes, in response to legal process, and in response to a court order or a law enforcement agency’s request.
- Legitimate business interests. As a business venture, we may use and share data about you to our suppliers and service providers whom we contracted to supply services or products requested by you. We will not share your data to our suppliers if that would involve a significant and unwarranted impact on your privacy.
- Consent: Unless you consent, your data will not be shared, sold or redistributed to advertisers, marketers, merchants or any other third party.
- You have under EU and UK law certain rights as regards data we hold about you. You have the right to request a free copy of data we hold about you including the purposes of processing, the period for which data will be stored and your right to request for rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of, or objection to, processing of such data concerning you. Please note that for further copies, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs of providing data requested or refuse to act on that access request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- To protect your account, you will be required to create a password. Passwords are confidential and personal use only. You must not reveal your password to any person. Please note that you are solely responsible for all activities happening under your account. If you forget your password or if your password is no longer confidential, you can change it on the Site under Account Login page. Please click on the “forgot password” clickable link and submit the email associated with your account. Your password will be generated and sent to the email associated with your account. Kate Hadfield Design has also implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to the protection of personal data.
- We only retain data which is needed for performance of services and our contractual obligation under our Terms and Conditions. We may also retain data as is necessary for compliance with any legal obligation or when required to do so by law. We erase all data that is no longer needed.
- Upon registration, you will be given the option to sign up for the store newsletter and mailing list. You will be invited to tick an opt-in box confirming that you wish to receive such marketing data via email or other specific channels. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time by following the unsubscribe link in the emails, or through your account preferences or by writing to us by email at email@example.com
Third party behavioural advertising
- Our site uses third-party behavioural advertising services including Google Analytics and Facebook pixel tags. It is in our legitimate business interests to use these services to measure website performance, gain customer insights and streamline our marketing strategy. Please note that these third party services may serve third party cookies, use unique identifiers and track user interactions with advertisements. We do not control these services or the privacy practices of those websites. To learn more about opting-out of Google’s behavioural advertising, please visit the google.com/privacy.
Notice of personal data reach
- In the event of personal data breach which is likely to result in a high risk to your individual rights and freedoms, right, we may without undue delay notify you of the breach and provide you with information describing the nature of the breach, contact details of our data protection officer as well as the likely consequences of the that breach.