With my last post of the year I wanted to share with you the new nativity themed printables I’ve been working on (with the help of my kids!). Special thanks to all of you who contacted me after I released the Christmas Cones and asked for a nativity version, I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed making them!
This printable nativity set is great fun for kids to colour and put together and will keep little hands (and big ones!) busy in the run up to the big day! The cutting out is more fiddly than the Christmas Cones and so these may be better suited to slightly older children, or you might need to help younger ones with the scissors.
The nativity printables come in two versions: pre-coloured (perfect for whipping up a quick and easy display!) and an outline only colour-in version for you to get extra crafty with and create your own nativity scene!
What you’ll need:
- Nativity craft printable (available in the shop)
- cardstock or matte photo paper to print on
- scissors and glue or double-sided tape
- your choice of colouring materials (coloured pencils, crayons, paints etc)
- Optional extras: glitter glue and cotton wool
How to make the Nativity craft:
- Download the PDF file and print on light to medium weight cardstock.
- Get colouring! Use your favourite art materials and colour in all the characters you’d like to add to you scene.
- Use scissors to cut out the characters.
- Add a dab of glue or double sided tape to the tab on the side of the characters and roll the cone around with the tab on the inside to stick together. You might find it’s easiest to do this on a flat surface to help your character stand up straight!
- Once assembled, glue the angel wings to the back of the angel.
Your kids might also like to add some extra glitz to the wise men with with glitter glue, or fluff up the sheep by adding some cotton wool! These extras are easiet to apply by slipping the assembled cone character onto your hand and getting busy with the glue!
I’d just like to take a moment to thank you all for your support and friendship this year, thank you for allowing me to turn a hobby that I adore into my day job! I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!