Make your own Gift Card envelope/holder:
Wow, it is December already and Christmas is only a few weeks away!! It’s that time of year again that most of us are decorating our homes, doing the baking, and going shopping for gifts for our friends and family. Sometimes in lieu of a present, I purchase a gift card. Gift cards are great to give, as they are always the right size, no standing in line and the best, no returns!! I like them as I never know what a teenager may want, or even for little ones, what Santa may have missed on the wish list. What I like to do, (to make the GC more personal), is make my own Gift Card envelope/holder.
This month instead of the normal Photo Shop Tricks & Tips tutorial I am going to supply you with a Gift Card envelope/holder template, instructions on how to make your own, and include 2 Christmas & 1 Holiday gift card holder freebies. [The freebies you can print out on card stock, cut out and glue and you are all set!!]
- GC envelope/holder template/freebie- that you can DOWNLOAD HERE (contains 3 jpg gift cards files and 1 PSD template for you to create your own design!)
- White Card Stock
- Glue Stick
- digital kit (if you are making your own design)
- Print out your completed/decorated gift card on White Card Stock.
- Fold side B up
- Fold sides C and D in
- As shown in example, using glue stick, add glue to the corners of side B
- Press side C down over the B corner glued area
- Glue edge of C and press side D over side C.
- You should now have a 3 sided rectangle. Place gift card inside and fold side A down. You can glue or tuck side A down. (If you need to, you can add more glue but you don’t want the card to get stuck!)
These Gift Card envelope/holders are great for any occasion that you are giving a gift card for. The personal holders are better than the generic ones that come with them. Make it personal and enjoy!